Sunday, June 3, 2012

If you can't afford to completely redecorate your own house...

this is a pretty good creative outlet. Usually I don't really want to play dolls with my kids.  I know, sad, but I feel like most of my imagination has drained away.  I don't really know what to do with them. But one day I got the idea into my head to renovate my daughters doll house.  Suddenly I was really excited about dolls.  Well, that and they were la la loopsy dolls, which I'm kind of in love with.  I actually bought one for myself, Scarlet Riding Hood.  I somehow parted with Alice and the Mad Hatter, but I was really jealous of Savy for getting them.  Come on, she doesn't really deserve them, doesn't really appreciate Alice- and the little tea party.  I am not, however, very taken with the Loopsys that are inspired by food items, such as jell-o.  Moving on.  I had so much fun with this, and the kids loved it.  I bought scrapbook papers for the walls and rugs and mostly used furniture we already had.  Don't laugh, but I spray painted that living room set silver, just like I spray paint everything in my own house.  I played with some ric rac (which, incidentally, I am in love with as well, although I never get to use it), and buttons.  Loopsys require that kind of thing.  Of course I did have to go buy the set that included a claw foot tub.  So cute.  The nice thing about these little sets is they come with cute furniture and accessories for $12 or so, whereas it seems like if you buy doll house furniture it costs quite a bit.  Well, I didn't quite finish it.  With me, the magic happens when I'm excited about a project and as soon as my enthusiasm fades I'm done with it.  But the exciting thing is I think I see some kind of apparition in the princess room.  Creepy! Okay, I'm sure it's a reflection from her little mirror but that's not as fun.

1 comment:

  1. That's very cute. I am quite proud of you for playing with dolls and renovating the doll house!

    ReplyDelete