Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Say Cheese Girls!




I thought I'd post a couple of pictures of our exchange students who recently went home.  Savy couldn't remember how to say "Chinese" so she called them "cheese girls."  They (and 2 friends) made an authentic Chinese dinner for us.  Finally, my aprons were put to good use. The food was good, and very different from our American version of Chinese food.  We roasted mallows and made s'mores next door. They were really pleased when they understood that s'mores comes from "some more." How can I have some more if I haven't had any yet?  Forget about it, Smalls.  We also went to Ritter's Island/Thousand Springs, did the Drive in, and had a sleepover with purple and teal popcorn (made by Dan- "that's who I married") that matched the nail polish I bought, and of course Karaoke and Wii bowling.  They really do like Karaoke.  And ColdPlay.  And anything that says Nike on it.  We were surprised to find how novel even looking at the moon and stars was for them, they really can't see them well at home.  The kids loved this, and they miss their Chinese sisters.  It was a great experience for us.  If you try this, do expect to spend some time shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment